Photo

Top Tier Gaming OCTGN League 2014 - Season 1 (Updated Prizes and 2v2 Play!)

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Jarrett Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

Jarrett

Founder / Co-Owner

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
Star Wars LCG Online League - 2014 Season 1

Posted Image

Quick Links -

Find a Player / Top Tier Gaming Master List
League's ChallengeBoards.net Page
Current Standings
Report a match - Part 1 (Report on ChallengeBoards)
Report a Match - Part 2 (Copy/Paste Log)

Tips:
Looking for players? Put [TopTier2014-1] as a the game name on OCTGN!

What you need:

OCTGN Account - Used to play OCTGN.
TopTierGaming.com Account
ChallengeBoards.net Account - Used to report matches.

Rules -

League runs from January 27th, 2014 until March 24th, 2014.

The winner of the league is the player with the highest score at the end of the event.

A player may play up to two games (one Dark Side and one Light Side aka a match) of Star Wars LCG on OCTGN against any registered user of TopTierGaming.com. They may play that player again in the league, but only after they've played a game against a different person.

Example:

There is four players available for games - John, David, Tim, and Mike

John plays David in a match (two games - one as a Dark Side, one as a Light Side)

John wants a rematch, but John cannot play another match with David until he plays another opponent. So John plays a game against Mike.

John finishes his game against Mike. David wants to play him in a match, but he still can't because David's last opponent he played was John in their previous game. So John has to wait it out until David plays another player.

David plays Mike in a match.

John and David can now play another match.

League uses official tournament rules provided by FFG.

Players may join the league at any time.

Players may use different decks throughout the course of the league.

When players are starting the game, put "[TopTier2014-1]" without the quotes as the title for the game. This enables OCTGN game tracking for the league. - Thanks Db0

If a game is disconnected, the match is a forfeit for both players, and no points are scored unless both players have started their first turn. Otherwise, the game is a full win for the player that did not disconnect. If any player disputes the result, a screenshot of the disconnect must be provided, otherwise both players score no points.

League is open to anyone in the world, as long as they are a registered user of TopTierGaming.com and Challengeboards.net. Top Tier Gaming staff are permitted, and encouraged, to play in the league.

Automation IS required on OCTGN this time due to the league tracking that db0 has implemented. Players must play games through until the end if possible - aka until they see the "Player X has won the game." message.

Scoring -

Scoring is based on the ChallengeBoards.net software. The challenge board uses a standard Elo ranking system. Players start at 1500 points. Your score will go up or down based on wins, losses, and the opponents you play.

For details:

http://www.challenge...s/1079#approval

Game Submission

When you are reporting a "match" on the Challengeboards.net software, you are actually reporting only an individual game. So if you play an opponent in an LCG-defined match, (example 1 game as Light Side and 1 game as Dark Side), you are actually reporting two "matches".

Winners are responsible for reporting the outcome of their games to the board. To report a game, fill out the requested information and validate the match. If everything checks out, you'll be prompted with a final confirmation and estimated ranking changes. Once a game is submitted, it enters the game approval process.

2vs2 Play

Due to player interest, you may play 2vs2 games in the league. This may be a great way for players to get a good boost in the league - if they win they could jump ahead a TON of points. If they lose, however, it could really hurt their status. Remember that 2vs2 games can really swing one way or the other, so decide ahead of time if the risk is worth the reward.

When reporting a 2vs2 game, you will report it twice - once with one of the players on the opposing team, and the other time for the other player. In total, you may have to report the same game 4 times for a whole match (2 times for 1 opponent, and another 2 times for the other).

Match Approval Process

Once a match is reported, the loser will be notified via email and have 48 hour(s) to finalize the match result. This is done by visiting the match activity section, locating the match in question, and clicking the verification link. From there, you will have two options:

Verify - Verifying a match will mark the result as accepted by the loser. If there aren't any matches requiring finalization for either player, the the results will be posted immediately. If there are outstanding matches, the verified match will be held in queue until the other matches are finalized.
Reject - Rejecting a match should be used if a match was reported incorrectly. Matches that are rejected will no longer count for or against either participant. The reporter will be given a report strike. These strikes can be seen by the league organizer and do not serve any other purpose.
Finalizing matches brings the standings up to date more quickly than waiting for them to auto-verify. You should try to finalize your matches as quickly as possible.

If no action is taken prior to the auto-verification deadline, the match result will verify automatically. Again, the results will become permanent and the participants' ratings will be adjusted.

After each game is finished, and the matches have been submitted to challengeboards, the winner of the match will have to copy and paste the game's chat log(s) from OCTGN to this forum here. This is to prevent any possible match tampering.

If a player does not use automation, uses in-game tracking, and/or posts a game log, it is up to my discretion if any and all games are to voided.

Player Profiles

You can view individual player profiles by clicking on their name in the standings. There you will find various useful statistics such as wins, losses, ranking, etc. Recent matches and head to head statistics are also found here. To view your own profile by clicking the options drop-down and selecting "your profile".

Prizes -

The top finisher at the end of the league season will get one set of custom alternate art Force Choke foils* (provided by MasterJediAdam) and earn their choice of either one Force Pack from the latest FFG release for Star Wars: The Card Game, an alternate text or art promo card, or Star Wars LCG Playmat. 2nd Place will take the prize that was not claimed. The final prize will be determined at random. If a player is not from the major US48, they may have to play shipping costs. Top Tier Gaming reserves the right to modify the prizes based on participation of the league. Prizes will be shipped out by April 30th, 2014.

We are also looking for additional prizes, so if you're interested, send me a private message.

Banned Users:
The following members may not participate in the league:

Albatar21
C3qui
Luke.sky84
Redunit83

Any other banned members from Top Tier Gaming

Disclaimer
The Site Policy is in effect for this league - the prizes and rules can be changed at any time due to the site management. with or without notice. Members not following the site policy (e.g. - Having multiple user names registered on the same IP address) may be disqualified from the league and/or banned from the site.

Thanks, and everyone enjoy the league!

*custom foils are not endorsed by Fantasy Flight Games or Lucasfilm Ltd. - they may or may not be tournament legal for events; ask a judge before using them.

#2 TGO Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

TGO

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
You should add that you are only allowed 1 account per IP address to avoid the same problem as the last season.

#3 Jarrett Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

Jarrett

Founder / Co-Owner

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

You should add that you are only allowed 1 account per IP address to avoid the same problem as the last season.

Hahaha, yeah, that's in the site guidelines.

#4 TGO Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

TGO

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I would put it in the league rules so that way there is no question.

#5 skatepharmacy Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:40 AM

skatepharmacy

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
I am excited to be a part of this this time around, I actually got a PC over the holiday so I can now actually play online! I am yet to play around with octgn to much, but hopefully over the next couple of weeks I will get some games in and get the feel of the controls.

#6 darth_bs Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:53 AM

darth_bs

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm in, hopefully I can get more games in and do better than second from last :)

#7 yodaman Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

yodaman

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Count me in again. Thanks to Jarrett and everyone else who's responsible for organizing this. I enjoyed playing last time and I'm sure it will be fun again.

#8 Erthafein Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

Erthafein

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm excited to try to get back into playing online. Could someone point me to a location where I can read how to get the unedited card images loaded into the game. That always slowed me down in the past and was part of the reason I didn't play much on Octgn.

#9 drogo Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

drogo

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have OCTGN but I'm not paying the subscription (free download)
I still can play the league??

#10 red5ccg Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

red5ccg

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

I have OCTGN but I'm not paying the subscription (free download)
I still can play the league??

You definitely can!

Also, I'm in once again!

#11 Justin Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

Justin

Registered Member

• Administrator
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
I'm in this time!

#12 MasterJediAdam Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

MasterJediAdam

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
I'm in as well.

My handle on Skype is the same as on OCGTN (and the same as here).

#13 Nio Darkwind Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

Nio Darkwind

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ah man this is great, I have no local meta to play with so I am excited to be able to play. Would anyone be interested in helping me learn how to play on OCTGN before the season starts? I have watched the tutorial video, but I am a person that learns more by actually doing the actions. When I have been on in the past week no one seems to be playing.

Thanks for any replies

#14 red5ccg Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

red5ccg

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Ah man this is great, I have no local meta to play with so I am excited to be able to play. Would anyone be interested in helping me learn how to play on OCTGN before the season starts? I have watched the tutorial video, but I am a person that learns more by actually doing the actions. When I have been on in the past week no one seems to be playing.

Thanks for any replies

If I happen to catch you online I would be happy to help out, but I'm often online mainly at off-peak times.

#15 MasterJediAdam Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

MasterJediAdam

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
I also am generally available. If you are around the same time as I, we can most certainly play.

#16 DarkFather Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:55 AM

DarkFather

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
I'm going to take part also. First timer here, with only a few OCTGN games under my sleeve. I'll need to hopefully catch up with a few people and get some practice OCTGN games in as well. I'm in Australia, so my gaming times will be a bit off. For instance, as I type this it is 8:54pm Jan 6. (Check that time against your own timestamp for when I posted this message, to give you an idea. I'm basically GMT +10).

Cheers

#17 TGO Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

TGO

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Im in this time around.

#18 RedSquadronK Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

RedSquadronK

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all, I've been meaning to play more OCTGN games (maybe even stream) so this is a good kick in the pants to get me back to playing online. Count me in!

#19 darth_bs Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

darth_bs

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I seem to be having trouble joining the challenge board? I click join board and then it just does nothing.

Any ideas guys?

Ok now had to join using my phone, very odd.

Edited by darth_bs, 06 January 2014 - 02:21 PM.

#20 red5ccg Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

red5ccg

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

I seem to be having trouble joining the challenge board? I click join board and then it just does nothing.

Any ideas guys?

Ok now had to join using my phone, very odd.

Is anyone else having trouble? I already signed up, but I'm not seeing any problems when I go to the challenge boards site from my desktop.

© 2012-2014 Top Tier Gaming.
Star Wars and all associated elements are © 2012- 2014 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM.
Living Card Game, LCG, LCG logo, and Fantasy Flight Supply are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.
All rights reserved to their respective owners.