A Dark Time Full Cards (w/ Images)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Justin Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

Justin

Registered Member

• Administrator
  • 77 posts
Special thanks to Tiny Grimes from The Smuggler's Den podcast for providing the images.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 red5ccg Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:00 AM

red5ccg

Registered Member

• Members
  • 330 posts
So what do you guys think: does Self Preservation have any place in the Han/Jedi Prep for Battle deck? It feels like it should, but Forgotten Heroes is about the only thing I would swap out of that deck and I'm not sure this makes a better option.

#3 Magni Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

Magni

Registered Member

• Members
  • 87 posts
Poored over the cards last night, and i feel like while at first they might seem a little meh im very excited about how they will play out. Jedi can now easly hold the force with out dedicating a big guy to it, and gets a blast damage boost with the new unit and as a whole gets some really nice new cards that will start to fluff out the mega charecters deck into a deck that has some ability to respond.

The Jedi i want to test will be
2x Questionable
2x In you must go
2x a heros journey
2x preservation
2x yavan

Counters out the wazoo and what could pretty much turn into a permanent force lockdown, I cant see the navy being able to take the force away from this deck at all ever, except on the 1st turn.

Outside of that i REALLY like the new Navy pod zomg so excited to play with it this weekend @ universe games - i might splash the new Scum pod into my navy deck

2x new scum
2x new navy
2x kuait
2x Endor
2x Motti

#4 red5ccg Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

red5ccg

Registered Member

• Members
  • 330 posts
I've been toying around with that exact LS deck. I can't decide if I like it more than the Prep for Battle Jedi deck though.

I'm thinking of trying the new Navy set in my swarm deck, though I haven't decided what to cut for it yet. Currently looks like:
Vader's Command x2
Imperial Command x2
Killing Cold x2
Looking for Droids x2
Corporate Exploitation x1
Shadows on the Ice x1

I'm thinking drop the Espo Troopers and either the wampas or one copy of looking for droids.

#5 Magni Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

Magni

Registered Member

• Members
  • 87 posts
I have a regional this weekend so im trying to guess the meta shift locally. Last Saturday rebels dominated our regional and i feel the new Smuggler pod will get splashed into a few rebel decks. But mostly i think people are gunna shift from big red bus to a pure navy or navy splashing sith. And i think the new jedi while not the strongest pod in the world gives jedi some much needed blast damage units and the ability to just rip the force away from the navy.

#6 red5ccg Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

red5ccg

Registered Member

• Members
  • 330 posts
That's a fair thought. I've never been good at predicting meta shifts...

While I haven't run it in a tournament yet, I really like how my swarm deck matches up with Rebel vehicles so I may have to try it next league night.

#7 Jarrett Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Jarrett

Founder / Co-Owner

• Administrator
  • 1,373 posts

I've been toying around with that exact LS deck. I can't decide if I like it more than the Prep for Battle Jedi deck though.

I'm thinking of trying the new Navy set in my swarm deck, though I haven't decided what to cut for it yet. Currently looks like:
Vader's Command x2
Imperial Command x2
Killing Cold x2
Looking for Droids x2
Corporate Exploitation x1
Shadows on the Ice x1

I'm thinking drop the Espo Troopers and either the wampas or one copy of looking for droids.

I think you can get away with running the one copy of Looking for Droids.
Top Tier Gaming -
Our Website - toptiergaming.com
Follow us on Twitter - @toptiergaming
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/toptiergaming
Streaming games on Twitch - twitch.tv/TeamTopTierGaming

#8 red5ccg Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

red5ccg

Registered Member

• Members
  • 330 posts
I'm not running it for resources, but because the probe droids work so well with Killing Cold.

#9 Jarrett Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

Jarrett

Founder / Co-Owner

• Administrator
  • 1,373 posts

I'm not running it for resources, but because the probe droids work so well with Killing Cold.

Yeah I think with the two copies of them in the deck you can still do the same things you'd be doing with four. I ran a deck list similar to this when The Desolation of Hoth came out, and it was ok (just wasn't very good against Message from Beyond shenanigans).

Edit: Found it: http://www.fantasyfl...=4&efidt=798489

1x Shadows on the Ice
1x Looking for Droids
2x Lord Vader's Command
2x The Killing Cold
2x Imperial Command
2x Counsel of the Sith

A little different on paper, but completely different in practice.

#10 red5ccg Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

red5ccg

Registered Member

• Members
  • 330 posts
Yeah, I also found it not so good against Message from Beyond decks, though it did wreck vehicle decks. I'll at least have to try out the updated version once my cards get here, though I love my Sith control a little too much to switch for this.

#11 Budgernaut Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

Budgernaut

Registered Member

• Members
  • 6 posts
Hey, I just realized that Coruscant Defense Fleet finally has another objective to protect. That could be interesting ....

#12 Magni Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Magni

Registered Member

• Members
  • 87 posts
Worked on my DS a little bit more.

2x Defensive Protocols
2x A dark time for the Rebellion
2x Motti
2x Death and Despyre
2x Vader (Sith)

6 Fate cards 4 heat 2 twist

So this is my idea, with 4 objectives that pump out lots of dmg, 4 objectives that are 2 resources 2 cycle resources.

typically you get a mix but pulling 2 defensive protocols or two a dark time for the rebellion your gunna start pushing out lots of damage, if you get resources well you just get to put out your big guys faster. If the put the damage on there units then YAY if they damage there objectives then huzzah your units will blow them up even faster. Vader is in there for destruction, force choke, two chuds with blast damage, and the heat of battles same with devastator it gives resources and heat of battle and a sweet big ship. I feel like killing the rebellion swarm is all about smashing them early and fast also heat of battle just destroys alot of peoples plans. I just dont think sith can hold back rebel these days, and cant dependably steal the force from there with there new pod. Tie attack sqad and vader can both also get targeted strike, which for DS is a game changer.

Hope it does me well at this next regional because ill only have about 10 games to test.
magni

#13 jonmierow Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

jonmierow

Registered Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Worked on my DS a little bit more.

2x Defensive Protocols
2x A dark time for the Rebellion
2x Motti
2x Death and Despyre
2x Vader (Sith)

Dang... that's the same deck I came up with last night after looking through all of the options. I don't have any way of testing it out so you'll have to let me know how well it actually plays. I'm hoping to make it Universe on Saturday, but that seems a long shot at this point. Best of luck.

© 2012-2014 Top Tier Gaming.
Star Wars and all associated elements are © 2012- 2014 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM.
Living Card Game, LCG, LCG logo, and Fantasy Flight Supply are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.
All rights reserved to their respective owners.